Sunday, October 29, 2006

the unlucky streak had to end

one thing not a lot of people know about me is this.. i have never won anything my whole life. nada.. zilch.. zero.. competitions i have won.. a few if i remember correct. but for things that depend on sheer dumb luck.. i have never one anything my whole life..

until friday..

stuck in traffic last friday night on my way to a meeting, preparing for that big saturday FutKal Event.. like i always do i was listening to the radio. the standard procedure is that i listen to the radio (klite) on my way to work and on my way from work.. and everything else i have the cd blasting =) and you seriously need to follow this.. it's a law.. like gravity..

the funny thing about me is that i get really bored during my daily commutes. so it's typical that i call someone on the phone for a chat, or i am intent on what's happening on the radio show. they were giving off a cd.. and i thought.. hey i like that cd.. so i give em a call..

i had the phone on speaker and not really expecting an answer (based on experience, they never answer.. but i still try). then suddenly the same thing was on the radio and the phone.. all i had to say was.. "holy crap!"

here's the conversation..

dj carlo: hello! who's this?
me: it's glenver
dj carlo: ok DENVER.. to win that cd you gotta sing a song of one of the artists on the cd..
me: can i do coldplay? the scientist..
dj carlo: go for it..
me: hey is it good if i get the word wrong? (have to remember.. this is me were talking about)
dj carlo: yea it's good..
me: (sing a couple of lines from the scientist) is that good?
dj carlo: yea it's pretty good actually..
dj ron: did you recently get an operation?
me: pretty much.. yeah.
dj carlo: hahaha.. he said pretty much yeah.
dj ron: hahaha
dj carlo: ok DENVER.. please do stay on the line cuz i need to get your details

then goes into commercial..

so i figured.. it's ok that he made me sing on air.. he got my name wrong anyway.. and i figured no one would get it.. like there are a gazzilion denvers out there...

off the air..

dj carlo: ok denver..
me: actually, it's glenver
dj carlo: oh sheesh.. and i was saying denver the whole time..
me: nah.. it's all good man.. happens all the time.
dj carlo: and your lastname?
me: gregorio.. glenver gregorio
dj carlo: area of residence?
me: mandaluyong
dj carlo: alright glenver.. you can claim your prize here at the station.. blah.. blah..
me: cool! thanks bro!

going back on air after the commercial..

dj carlo: blah.. blah.. klite.. blah.. so apparently i got the winner's name wrong.. it's really GLENVER GREGORIO
me in the car: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ARG!!! dope!!! waaaaah!!!
dj carlo: alright glenver you can claim your prize anytime here at paragon.. but the thing about it si that there's a typo on the cd.. not our fault.. blah.. blah....

and that ladies and gents.. is the day i sang a song on air.. dag maddit!!!

so much for being anonymous...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hi, Glenver. Thanks for leaving a message in my blog. I am sorry I missed the Futkal event. :( Next time.

Cheers! I hope Barça wins tonight! hehehehehe.