Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Something to be proud of

A lot of people who are close to me know that I have a strong appreciation of Filipino Music (OPM). And this particular feat achieved by one of our own, I am particularly fond of.

Maybe it's because I already have a strong liking for the music of 6 Cycle Mind. Maybe it's because most of them, I consider, to be really good friends of mine. Maybe they are just really talented, lucky, gifted.. Seriously, this is one heck of an achievement.

I came across this video of renowned musician, Sunny Choi. She is classical pianist based in Toronto Canada who recently did a rendition of 6 Cycle Mind's single Kung Wala Na Nga . I must say that I will have to add this to my list of favorite "unlikely" renditions of pop music. Much like Jaime Cullum or Michael Buble (alright, maybe not quite that level.. yet).

Here's a video of Sunny Choi's version of this pretty cool song.



Being picked for something like this says a lot about the quality of the music that this band produces. I think that this is an honor brought to our music industry, and country as a whole.

I've also included a video of the original. You gota admit, it is quite catchy!



Enjoy the music! Until next time... -g

No comments: